We offer a range of mastering services at competitive rates, from fast-turnaround digital processing, to analogue summing and high definition analogue re-sampling.
- Digital mastering for streaming platforms - Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, SoundCloud
- Discrete Class-A transformer-based summing (Rupert Neve Designs 5088 console)
- Mastering to 192khz @ 32/24/16-bit, via Lynx Aurora(n) conversion
- Mastering-grade MP3/AAC file encoding
- Digital mastering
- CD and vinyl mastering (track order, side lengths, track gaps)
- Audio restoration and re-mastering
- DVD and broadcast AES/EBU standard audio
- Our digital chops run deep, we can do digital content packaging, print design, video editing and animation.
Streaming mastering - $75 per track (inc GST)
- Analogue signal path, 24-bit WAV file master at source material sample rate
- Digital mastering to Spotify loudness standards, suitable for distribution platforms (e.g. Ditto)
- 320kbps MP3 file (suitable for email, SoundCloud, TripleJ Unearthed)
- 1 Revision
- Turnaround 1-3 business days
This package includes only mastering for streaming services, and is great value if you’re not planning to release material on CD or vinyl. CD and vinyl masters can be produced quickly from a good quality streaming master, if you go that route later on.
Advanced mastering - $90 per track
- In addition to streaming mastering features, includes analogue re-sampling to 96k/24, as required
- AAC file (suitable for iTunes+)
- Unlimited revisions
- Turnaround 1-3 business days
Stem mastering - $100 per track
- Transformer-based analogue sum (max 8 stereo stems)
- Turnaround 2-5 business days
- Stem-based mastering is at stem sample rate, only
Analogue summing from stems assumes you have performed mix-level automation and printed this to stems, i.e. set flat, your reference mix should emerge. For more info see the Stem mastering checklist.
Vinyl mastering - add $100
- 2 x stereo WAV at master file sample rate, 24-bit
- Track ordering and gaps layout
- Mono bass and sub-sonic filtering
- Additional sibilance control (de-essing)
- M+S dynamics check
- Overall dynamics check
See Vinyl Mastering FAQs for important things to remember about vinyl (like track ordering and time limits per side!)
CD (DDP file) Master - add $50
- Re-sample and dither to 44.1khz/16-bit
- DDP file compilation with track titles
- track ordering
- track gaps
- ISRC codes
How our process works
- Upload your files to Dropbox or Google Drive (see How to send us mixes and stems for mastering)
- We’ll review your tracks and mix references, and respond in 1-2 business days with a no-obligation quote
- If you request one, we’ll supply a demo master in 1-3 working days
- Once you give the go ahead, you are able to pay via PayPal or Bank Transfer
- We’ll then deliver masters in 1-3 working days
- All work is guaranteed refundable, if you’re not 100% happy with what you hear
For new customers, we’re happy to give you a demonstration master for any song you choose. This can give us time to understand what you’re looking for, sonically, and to find the appropriate reference tracks for your vibe and genre.
A demo master can also be supplied for Advanced mastering, including Analogue Summing - if you are able to produce mix stems from your DAW, this is a neat way for you to find out whether an analogue sum might tick some extra boxes.
We can advise you on options once we’ve received and reviewed you material.
Attended sessions are not currently available, but, subject to engineer availability, are free for Advanced or Stems mastering. Contact us to discuss.
Facilities and tech specs
For more info see Recording tech specs.
Also check out Mastering FAQs for further information.